INHUMAN TREATMENT

Things to know before you start applying to jobs in the United Nations. Also, other tips and tricks, common pitfalls and place to discuss employment scams.
Elijah Mwenda Kaluma

INHUMAN TREATMENT

Post by Elijah Mwenda Kaluma » 10 Apr 2019, 22:13

Please Sir am sorry for being stubborn but please it's because I can't get any help here before discussing the issue with you. I earlier told you that from last year August, I did my interview and signed a contract letter with unep, but to get an appointment letter, I have been for money by some of the senior people there ie: Gigiri offices Nairobi of which they even called my mom and requested money, even after my dad passed away on 19/10/2018 they were still demanding. But now, I have the contract letter and the appointment letter of which I was supposed to report on 25/02/2019 but I was later told to wait untill receive a call, but whenever I ask I gets excuses that the HR is not around, am always being told to be patient, but now again am being asked for money!!!! Am confused here please, what do I do ?!!? Am just an orphan !?!! I have all the the supporting documents and records and the numbers of this people please Sir. !!!! Give me your advice please

Sebastian

Re: INHUMAN TREATMENT

Post by Sebastian » 17 Apr 2019, 08:52

NEVER(!) pay any money. The UN does NOT charge money. Ever.

I'm not the UN, so I can't help you with the local issues. But if you have a corruption problem with UNEP, I recommend you work through their official reporting mechanisms:

https://www.unenvironment.org/about-un- ... wrongdoing
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.