How long to hear back after interview?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Vostok61

Re: How long to hear back after interview?

Post by Vostok61 » 19 Oct 2019, 12:31

Okay, so weeks of waiting are nothing to be afraid of; good to know!

Andre

Post by Andre » 22 Oct 2019, 01:19

Hello,

I have one doubt. How many days did you wait between the assessment test and the interview?
It's because i just finished one assessment test and would like to know how much time i'll probably wait until the interview, if it's the case.

Thanks.

Grace

Post by Grace » 23 Oct 2019, 11:49

Andre wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 01:19
Hello,

I have one doubt. How many days did you wait between the assessment test and the interview?
It's because i just finished one assessment test and would like to know how much time i'll probably wait until the interview, if it's the case.

Thanks.
For WFP jobs that are IICA in my experience its almost always 6 weeks between online test and written test done on-site. They wait 4 weeks before contacting a selected candidate.

Grace

Post by Grace » 23 Oct 2019, 11:59

Vostok61 wrote:
19 Oct 2019, 12:31
Okay, so weeks of waiting are nothing to be afraid of; good to know!
For me it has been more than 3 weeks now since I interviewed at UNHCR for an UNV position. I sent a follow up email and no response yet.

Any person who has experience with UNHCR process timeline will be extremely helpful.

Grace

Post by Grace » 23 Oct 2019, 12:38

cherrygirl wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 01:14
Jupiter wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 18:44
According to what i have read. The joint review board for (UNHCR) meet only 7 times in a year. Which implies meeting every 51 days to review recommendations of candidates for P category. I guess that might be the same for other organisations, it can explain why the process is so lengthy.
This sounds horrendous!!

The sad truth is as one of the candidates, I can complaint but there does not seem to be no other alternative but just to wait. The funny stuff is from one of the agencies, I was invited for the interview just after 2 weeks after submitting the profile. Then took me a day to get the pre-pre offer after the interview. So if the organisation is really urgent, they will do their best to make it work ASAP. When I've applied for the same programme and the same agency, which I was also successful, it took them about 3 months. So for the similar post and the programme, once it took less than 3 weeks when it took 3 months the other time.
Thanks a lot @cherrygirl This seems like it all depends on the Field Office where the position is and whether or not filling that vacancy is a high priority for them. I can only hope it doesn't take up to 3 months.

Patience is indeed a virtue.