OIOS

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
John_Doe

Re: OIOS

Post by John_Doe » 26 Sep 2018, 15:23

Got them too - both Nairobi and NY P3s filled. No news though from the roster vacancy...

John_Doe

Post by John_Doe » 06 Oct 2018, 09:35

DannyD wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 17:56

Some of the positions stated they preferred applicants of certain member states and female applicants. I don't fit into any of those categories, so who knows.

Maybe if some of you can share a bit of your backgrounds and how you think you're a good fit for these postings.

My background is in US policing. So not sure how relevant they see that. Think administrative investigative experience for the OIOS ID is preferred.
Thanks Danny, I received the notification regarding the P3 as well. Shame. However there is still the rostering vacancy position open, which I had my hopes on most. As for NY and other HQ posts, I am sure there is always that one expert who is already working inside the system as a consultant etc. - so no suprise if one is not selected.

I am pretty sure I did not do too bad in the exam and have a policing / technical assistance / administrative investigations background, however I am male / European and have no previous UN experience.

Good luck and let's keep us posted. :)

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 06 Oct 2018, 12:07

Thanks for the update and good luck for the future!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 14 Apr 2019, 21:42

John_Doe wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 09:35
DannyD wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 17:56

Some of the positions stated they preferred applicants of certain member states and female applicants. I don't fit into any of those categories, so who knows.

Maybe if some of you can share a bit of your backgrounds and how you think you're a good fit for these postings.

My background is in US policing. So not sure how relevant they see that. Think administrative investigative experience for the OIOS ID is preferred.
Thanks Danny, I received the notification regarding the P3 as well. Shame. However there is still the rostering vacancy position open, which I had my hopes on most. As for NY and other HQ posts, I am sure there is always that one expert who is already working inside the system as a consultant etc. - so no suprise if one is not selected.

I am pretty sure I did not do too bad in the exam and have a policing / technical assistance / administrative investigations background, however I am male / European and have no previous UN experience.

Good luck and let's keep us posted. :)
Hi John, stumbled on your post here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=61&start=10

Does this mean you've been selected?

Thanks

John_Doe

Post by John_Doe » 15 Apr 2019, 17:04

Hi Danny,

Nope - slightly different role, as indicated, my background is a bit wider than investigations.

HOWEVER I received today various job alerts for investigation roles. This is really odd given that probably not only you and me participated in last year's rostering exercise and still haven't received ANY feedback. Wondering whether all the efforts were in vain because there seem zero results communicated/no next steps in the selection procedure..?

Does anyone know what happened with the 2018 OIOS procedure?!

Danny, hope this helps!

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 16 Apr 2019, 14:20

John_Doe wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 17:04
Hi Danny,

Nope - slightly different role, as indicated, my background is a bit wider than investigations.

HOWEVER I received today various job alerts for investigation roles. This is really odd given that probably not only you and me participated in last year's rostering exercise and still haven't received ANY feedback. Wondering whether all the efforts were in vain because there seem zero results communicated/no next steps in the selection procedure..?

Does anyone know what happened with the 2018 OIOS procedure?!

Danny, hope this helps!
Thanks John. Yes I saw the new adverts too. Might as well put in and see what happens. Will keep you updated

cenzo

Post by cenzo » 16 Apr 2019, 15:53

Well, I do not know your background or skills, guys. But it looks like an impossible task to get inside this organization...
I am getting scared as I have already applied for a few positions for OIOS.
Being aware that I am European and a male and that these facts are not very helpful to apply to UN in a general meaning, it would be nice to "trade" some information regarding everyone's background in order to analyse the real chances a candidate has to be selected. For me - for example - it would be nice to have a "benchmark" of people who was selected for some positions I am running for because if they got inside with a considerable amount of skills and studies better than me, there is no reason to apply. And that would save a lot of HR unnecessary work, too.

John_Doe

Post by John_Doe » 16 Apr 2019, 16:08

Would be interested as well to hear from any successful OIOS selection procedure!