How long are your "Duties and Achievements" sections?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
anastasia_kouzina

How long are your "Duties and Achievements" sections?

Post by anastasia_kouzina » 09 May 2019, 16:02

I'm curious how briefly you guys describe your duties and achievements in Inspira.

For example, I've seen the advice to keep each of them to 3-4 lines.

My descriptions are much lengthier. I have substantial experience, so I'm trying to give as many relevant examples as possible. As a result, my duties include 1-6 bullet points and achievements -- 2-7 bullet points. I make sure the examples are relevant and concise and hope that the HR will not be too tired of reading.

Do you think that's too long? What's your take on this?
"It always seems impossible until it's done"
(c) Nelson Mandela

NevKen

Re: How long are your "Duties and Achievements" sections?

Post by NevKen » 09 May 2019, 17:12

anastasia_kouzina wrote:
09 May 2019, 16:02
I'm curious how briefly you guys describe your duties and achievements in Inspira.

For example, I've seen the advice to keep each of them to 3-4 lines.

My descriptions are much lengthier. I have substantial experience, so I'm trying to give as many relevant examples as possible. As a result, my duties include 1-6 bullet points and achievements -- 2-7 bullet points. I make sure the examples are relevant and concise and hope that the HR will not be too tired of reading.

Do you think that's too long? What's your take on this?
Talking about 'Inspira' one can fill as much as he/she have within the said sections in a general profile, that by norm can be used to initiate specific application. You can always edit in response to the VA you are applying or initiate the application from scratch - customise as per the VA requirements (focusing only what the hiring manager want to hear in those specific sections).

finsalscollons

Re: How long are your "Duties and Achievements" sections?

Post by finsalscollons » 17 May 2019, 18:09

My duties and achievements have always been longer than 4 bullet points and I have been selected for multiple interviews so I don't think long "duties and achievements" are an obstacle.