Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Farouk B
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Mar 2019, 15:49
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Farouk B » 12 May 2019, 09:16

I have tried sending them mails; replying human resources mail since its the on they had told me to send backbthe medical form and also replying estaff mail that sent me the medical form

Jupiter
Posts: 19
Joined: 19 Feb 2019, 07:34
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Jupiter » 23 May 2019, 07:31

Hello everyone, I got an offer (P2) pending medical clearance. I wish you all good luck for your applications. This forum has been useful for me. Thank you again for your contributions.

Farouk B
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Mar 2019, 15:49
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Farouk B » 23 May 2019, 09:11

Hello hopefulls,
God is really good and a wonderfull Gid for his people,
On 21st/05/2019 i got my offer letter for logistics officer position grade p4 duty station New york with UNCRD.. I have accepted and sent back. Its really hard to believe after a long wait of 10 months .. Finally i have it... Thanks Sebastian for this initiative and all thise that took their time to keep me strong with their kind replies on my posts... Will be boarding in july 2019 for the states and cant wait to start work. I wish all of you still in this journey success and one word for you is please ... Never give up an dkeep praying about it.

Lisa
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 May 2019, 11:26
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Lisa » 23 May 2019, 13:07

Jupiter wrote:
23 May 2019, 07:31
Hello everyone, I got an offer (P2) pending medical clearance. I wish you all good luck for your applications. This forum has been useful for me. Thank you again for your contributions.
congratulations Jupiter and thanks for letting us know. I'm really happy for you. keep us posted on the proceeding. I'd like to know how it is to work for the UN!

Would you tell me how long it took to hear from them after the interview?
I did an interview for a P2 on 30th March..it's now about 3weeks and I'm so anxious. I'm sure the interview went on well, and I had that feeling during and after the interview. But the waiting is not fun, especially now that I've come this far.

Lisa
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 May 2019, 11:26
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Lisa » 23 May 2019, 13:14

Farouk B wrote:
23 May 2019, 09:11
Hello hopefulls,
God is really good and a wonderfull Gid for his people,
On 21st/05/2019 i got my offer letter for logistics officer position grade p4 duty station New york with UNCRD.. I have accepted and sent back. Its really hard to believe after a long wait of 10 months .. Finally i have it... Thanks Sebastian for this initiative and all thise that took their time to keep me strong with their kind replies on my posts... Will be boarding in july 2019 for the states and cant wait to start work. I wish all of you still in this journey success and one word for you is please ... Never give up an dkeep praying about it.
Congratulations Farouk and thanks for letting us know.
I wish you all the best in your new job. Have a safe journey and keep us posted, would be nice to hear how you cope with the New York station.

I'm waiting for feedback after p2 interview... I'm praying every day.
You talk of 10months waiting...could you tell me how long it took to hear from them after interview? + did they give you the offer and then contacted your references or did they contact your references before the offer? Please reply me.

Farouk B
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Mar 2019, 15:49
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Farouk B » 24 May 2019, 07:25

Hello lisa,
I did a competency based interview last year in november and i recieved medical examination form in january 2019 which i filled and sent back.. But what i know is it might be different depending on the UN agency.
I ve just recieved my offer on 21st of this month but am thinking they have not yet contacted mybrefrees..... I accepted the offer and sent back yestarday so ma letter states that i will starting a one month training in july so am waiting to hear from them what next.

lena
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 May 2019, 16:32
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by lena » 24 May 2019, 07:39

Farouk B wrote:
23 May 2019, 09:11
Hello hopefulls,
God is really good and a wonderfull Gid for his people,
On 21st/05/2019 i got my offer letter for logistics officer position grade p4 duty station New york with UNCRD.. I have accepted and sent back. Its really hard to believe after a long wait of 10 months .. Finally i have it... Thanks Sebastian for this initiative and all thise that took their time to keep me strong with their kind replies on my posts... Will be boarding in july 2019 for the states and cant wait to start work. I wish all of you still in this journey success and one word for you is please ... Never give up an dkeep praying about it.
Congratulation! Very happy for you! and enjoy New York :).

lena
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 May 2019, 16:32
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by lena » 24 May 2019, 07:44

Lisa wrote:
23 May 2019, 13:14
Farouk B wrote:
23 May 2019, 09:11
Hello hopefulls,
God is really good and a wonderfull Gid for his people,
On 21st/05/2019 i got my offer letter for logistics officer position grade p4 duty station New york with UNCRD.. I have accepted and sent back. Its really hard to believe after a long wait of 10 months .. Finally i have it... Thanks Sebastian for this initiative and all thise that took their time to keep me strong with their kind replies on my posts... Will be boarding in july 2019 for the states and cant wait to start work. I wish all of you still in this journey success and one word for you is please ... Never give up an dkeep praying about it.
Congratulations Farouk and thanks for letting us know.
I wish you all the best in your new job. Have a safe journey and keep us posted, would be nice to hear how you cope with the New York station.

I'm waiting for feedback after p2 interview... I'm praying every day.
You talk of 10months waiting...could you tell me how long it took to hear from them after interview? + did they give you the offer and then contacted your references or did they contact your references before the offer? Please reply me.
Hi Lisa! have you tried contacting the HR person? Also, keep in mind that three weeks is not that long in this UN context. I would suggest you send them a gentle follow up to see how is the process coming along. I did it, and they got back to me. Good Luck on your process!

Lisa
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 May 2019, 11:26
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Lisa » 25 May 2019, 21:00

lena wrote:
24 May 2019, 07:44
Lisa wrote:
23 May 2019, 13:14
Farouk B wrote:
23 May 2019, 09:11
Hello hopefulls,
God is really good and a wonderfull Gid for his people,
On 21st/05/2019 i got my offer letter for logistics officer position grade p4 duty station New york with UNCRD.. I have accepted and sent back. Its really hard to believe after a long wait of 10 months .. Finally i have it... Thanks Sebastian for this initiative and all thise that took their time to keep me strong with their kind replies on my posts... Will be boarding in july 2019 for the states and cant wait to start work. I wish all of you still in this journey success and one word for you is please ... Never give up an dkeep praying about it.
Congratulations Farouk and thanks for letting us know.
I wish you all the best in your new job. Have a safe journey and keep us posted, would be nice to hear how you cope with the New York station.

I'm waiting for feedback after p2 interview... I'm praying every day.
You talk of 10months waiting...could you tell me how long it took to hear from them after interview? + did they give you the offer and then contacted your references or did they contact your references before the offer? Please reply me.
Hi Lisa! have you tried contacting the HR person? Also, keep in mind that three weeks is not that long in this UN context. I would suggest you send them a gentle follow up to see how is the process coming along. I did it, and they got back to me. Good Luck on your process!
Thanks Lena for the kind feedback. I think I will it four weeks ( till end of next week), then I will write to them.

Lisa
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 May 2019, 11:26
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Lisa » 31 May 2019, 12:44

Lisa wrote:
25 May 2019, 21:00
lena wrote:
24 May 2019, 07:44
Lisa wrote:
23 May 2019, 13:14


Congratulations Farouk and thanks for letting us know.
I wish you all the best in your new job. Have a safe journey and keep us posted, would be nice to hear how you cope with the New York station.

I'm waiting for feedback after p2 interview... I'm praying every day.
You talk of 10months waiting...could you tell me how long it took to hear from them after interview? + did they give you the offer and then contacted your references or did they contact your references before the offer? Please reply me.
Hi Lisa! have you tried contacting the HR person? Also, keep in mind that three weeks is not that long in this UN context. I would suggest you send them a gentle follow up to see how is the process coming along. I did it, and they got back to me. Good Luck on your process!
Thanks Lena for the kind feedback. I think I will it four weeks ( till end of next week), then I will write to them.
Hey Lena,
I wrote to them yesterday. I got a reply today informing me that they are "finalising on the recruitment" and "they will revert shortly" . Now I'm even more anxious... Does that mean I will get feedback in the next few weeks? I really hope it will be good news. Just praying. Will keep you guys informed.

Post Reply