UN Application STATUS!!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
UNCAD

UN Application STATUS!!

Post by UNCAD » 23 May 2019, 09:54

Hi there,

In October 2018, I have applied for a job at the UN. I have then been invited to an online competency-based-interview in december 2018.
Until some days ago, the status of my application was: "We are currently reviewing all applications". Now, the status has changed to "Under consideration". How should I interpret this?

As I took the online interview 5 months ago and did not hear from them, I wonder why they have only changed the status a couple of days ago!!

If you can help me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you and best regards.

C4IE

Re: UN Application STATUS!!

Post by C4IE » 30 May 2019, 07:17

The status is updated by HR as far as I know and sometimes they don`t even bother to do that to be honest. I`d say a change to 'under consideration' is a good thing. At least you know there is some activity on this recruitment and you are not excluded.

Would be good if someone could share an overview on the various status that exist. For WFP I know you start off with:
1) "We are currently reviewing all applications"
2) ....

At one stage you see "Congratulations, you have passed through to the interview phase" but I don`t know if this would be a real interview or a video interview. It seems all very random to me...

UNCAD

Post by UNCAD » 30 May 2019, 09:00

Thanks for your input C4IE!

What I find strange is that the position was posted in September 18, closed in October 18, online competency-based-interview in December 18... May 19 is ending and there is still an activity on this position!!! Is it really a good sign??!!

C4IE

Post by C4IE » 30 May 2019, 09:22

I just looked in my profile and I have applied for positions with last status date in 03-2017 and 01/02-2018 which still say ' We are currently reviewing all applications.' while these positions have 100% been closed and filled.

It`s the UN and things take unfortunately a long time in most of the cases, makes you sometimes think if they are really needed that much ... ;o)

C4IE

Post by C4IE » 04 Jun 2019, 06:18

I have another one: We are pleased to advise you that you will be partaking in the assessment phase.

Didn`t know there were so many...

Isidore KOUANGA

Post by Isidore KOUANGA » 28 Jun 2019, 23:14

Je viens de parcourir les explications affichées à l'écran don ordinateur, seulement j'aimerais que quelqu'un serait dans mon cas! En fait j'ai postulé un 27 décembre 2018 à l'ONU, les status ont affiché:
-Applied;
-undeconsideration;
-Recruitment completed.
Après le "Recrutement terminé", depuis hier 27 Juin 2019, l'emploi pour lequel j'avais postulé ne s'affiche plus! Qu'est cela veut bien dire? Aidez-moi

alejandro

Post by alejandro » 24 Jul 2019, 09:11

Hi guys.

Are we talking about the inspira only now? Because in each agency's recruitment platform, application statuses are different.

Regarding inspira, according to my experience, I've only seen "application acknowledgment", and "under consideration". Even when I got invited to assessment tests, or - later - to competency based interviews, this status never changed. I still have "under consideration" in applications I did like a year ago. Plus, I still see "under consideration" for positions that I had already ben rejected for from the hiring managers. So, to be honest, I wouldn't rely on this status.

In addition, my experience showed that if I don't hear from them within a month, it's less likely that I will ever do. The longest I had to wait for a shortlisting, has been two months, and that was with WHO (World Health Organization), not in inspira.

What is clear to me though, is that everyone has a different experience, and it's hard to be categorical or sure about any hiring process in the UN.