Information system assistant United Nations

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Karam_Ismael

Information system assistant United Nations

Post by Karam_Ismael » 04 Jun 2019, 07:11

Dear All,

Yesterday I conducted an online test regarding this position (information system assistant) / Duty station in Kosovo.

The test was 40 multiple choice.
The time duration was 30 minutes.

But some questions needs to read it carefully. So I finished the test approximately with 48 minutes.

My question if any body had the same thing.

HR will consider my answers? Or disregard it because my total time was not fit (30 minutes)

Regards,

Karam :(

finsalscollons

Re: Information system assistant United Nations

Post by finsalscollons » 04 Jun 2019, 21:05

Probably no. I once had a test with ITC and it was online. I wanted to send my test 5 minutes before the time. I was confused about the web interface and pressed the wrong button. Then I recovered from my mistake and managed to send my work only 2 minutes late. It was not accepted by the platform and I sent it by email only 5 minutes late, explaining the problem I had. It was not accepted and it was extremely frustrating.

They might accept your test if they are not be aware of the time you sent it. But my bet is that it will not be accepted. Sorry.

Karam_Ismael

Post by Karam_Ismael » 04 Jun 2019, 21:15

Thanks you for your response.

Actually the system yesterday didn't asked me if my time is finished.

When I completed the questions and submitted it, I received a message

The message was
( thanks for your time and good luck).

finsalscollons

Post by finsalscollons » 04 Jun 2019, 22:06

Maybe they don't realize you were out of time. Policies are often very strict but people can commit mistakes. If the system is automated but the time is not controlled by the system, maybe people don't realize that your submission was late.

If I can indulge in a bit of unsolicited advice, try not to think about that. I have wasted lot of mental energy waiting in this kind of United Nations recruitment processes for the last twelve years. There are one thousand reasons why people are not selected. Not only the time. Most of them do not depend on you. Try to forget about this application and work on a plan B.

Good luck.