IICA location and retainer

A place to discuss working at the United Nations from day to day conditions, benefits, entitlements, relations with the host country, social security, taxes - everything about the job, once you got the job!
Courtney

IICA location and retainer

Post by Courtney » 31 Jul 2019, 20:37

Hi,

if an IICA-3 position is described as "home-based" and it is mentioned that an allowance will be paid during field mission, does that mean the consultant will work from home (or wherever) and only occasionally visit the developing country where the project is supposed to be implemented?

also, the contract duration is listed as one year, but retainer is limited to a much shorter period. Can the consultant still be expected to be busy for the whole year more or less?

Also, could you give me some advice on how to determine the daily fee expectation they want me to mention.....? They look for a researcher and I have a PhD, have been specializing in pretty much exactly what they want, but I have never done consultancies before...

Sorry, I am very new to this.

C.

Courtney

Re: IICA location and retainer

Post by Courtney » 05 Aug 2019, 11:30

Hey everyone, I have already figured out that the contracted days will be only up to 100 per calendar year, perhaps less. So I assume the "duration" of one year refers to the project duration and the consultancy days will fall within this period.

I hope the question about fee expectations is not too inappropriate, a common range would help me...