Invited for written exam - Finance P3

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
admirbajraktarevic

Invited for written exam - Finance P3

Post by admirbajraktarevic » 14 Aug 2019, 13:34

Dear all,

I am invited for a 30 minutes written exam (multiple-choice test) for P3 Finance in Geneva (OHCHR). Anyone who can help me with thetype of questions please?

Thank you in advance.

Andre

Re: Invited for written exam - Finance P3

Post by Andre » 15 Aug 2019, 23:33

Hello Admir,

I received the same invitation. I understood that the subject of this test will be really related to financial themes, but I dont know what specificaly , and if it is just financial knowledge that will be required. So, I am confused also. I dont know how to prepare myself properly for this. If anyone in this forum have a tip for us or already made this test before, or some similar, please help us about this topic.

Thanks.

admirbajraktarevic

Post by admirbajraktarevic » 16 Aug 2019, 07:57

:-)
Best of luck then to both of us. When did you schedule your test?

Andre

Post by Andre » 16 Aug 2019, 22:33

Hello,

Thank you. We have until august 21 to do this exam. I am afraid because finance is a theme that can fill many books in a library. So I dont have any idea about what they can ask us in this test. I imagine that they can even ask very specific topics about something that UN made in terms of financial matters in the past. If it is the case I will have no chance.
And for the time available to do this test we need to know everything that will be asked. There will not be enought time for us to do any proper reseach about some question. It can maybe be a mix of luck and lottery.

Keenley

Post by Keenley » 28 Aug 2019, 15:08

How did the test go? I have seen a lot of multiple choice format for these especially when given a 30 minute window.
Was it like that?

Andre

Post by Andre » 29 Aug 2019, 01:23

Hello, it was a 30 minutes test for 30 questions, including some that demanded calculation. The subject for this test according to UN was general knowledge in finance. But the test was all about general contability.
In this case, I couldnt remember some topics and I probably failed to achieve the score to pass in this test. But maybe I have a chance, because the questions werent hard level. It is a matter the I know well, but I didnt prepare myself well because I couldnt imagine what to study in the week before the test. Following their information, I just thought that they would ask about general principles of finance and UN financial regulations. But I was wrong.