Question about being rostered

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
anastasia_kouzina

Question about being rostered

Post by anastasia_kouzina » 21 Aug 2019, 15:49

Hi friends!

My student asked a question. I don't know the answer, maybe you do.

Let's say, a person is rostered for a position and later decides to apply to the same position and grade in another duty station. Will he be treated as a rostered candidate there or will he need to go through all stages of the recruitment process again?
"It always seems impossible until it's done"
(c) Nelson Mandela

jane27

Re: Question about being rostered

Post by jane27 » 21 Aug 2019, 17:03

Hi, Anastasia. I can only answer for rosters in the UN Secretariat/peacekeeping missions, those vacancies you find in Inspira for P and FS levels. You can find the answer in the vacancy announcement itself:
"Assessment" - whether or not there'll be an assessment exercise and interview
"Special Notice" - "Only roster applicants who were placed on rosters with similar functions at the same level are considered to be eligible candidates. Eligible applicants receive an email inviting them to apply."

prdeepak

Post by prdeepak » 21 Aug 2019, 21:31

jane27 wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 17:03
Hi, Anastasia. I can only answer for rosters in the UN Secretariat/peacekeeping missions, those vacancies you find in Inspira for P and FS levels. You can find the answer in the vacancy announcement itself:
"Assessment" - whether or not there'll be an assessment exercise and interview
"Special Notice" - "Only roster applicants who were placed on rosters with similar functions at the same level are considered to be eligible candidates. Eligible applicants receive an email inviting them to apply."
Hi Jane,
Regarding the P Level rosters at the UN, I have recently been rostered for a HR Position. Can you let me know if there's a seniority level while taking candidates from roster or is it purely based on position? Ideally , is there a high chance for rostered candidates to be offered a position or do one has to wait long?

MRS69

Post by MRS69 » 28 Oct 2019, 13:55

Dear prdeepak,
I think, have to wait for the best suitabilitable position. I am in Roster Pool in FS-5 level position for the past 8 years. so far, not selected for any position despite of my applications to all Recruit From Roster job opportunities.