Rostered

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
prdeepak

Rostered

Post by prdeepak » 03 Sep 2019, 18:59

Hi ,
Regarding the P Level rosters at the UN, I have recently been rostered for a HR Position. Can anyone let me know if there's a seniority level while taking candidates from roster or is it purely based on position requirments? Ideally , is there a high chance for rostered candidates to be offered a position or do one has to wait long?

johne

Re: Rostered

Post by johne » 03 Sep 2019, 19:08

prdeepak wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 18:59
Hi ,
Regarding the P Level rosters at the UN, I have recently been rostered for a HR Position. Can anyone let me know if there's a seniority level while taking candidates from roster or is it purely based on position requirments? Ideally , is there a high chance for rostered candidates to be offered a position or do one has to wait long?
I do not work for UN but from what i know about people working in UN, I strongly doubt that seniority level has anything to do with the roster, it will be based on the position requirements/required languages, etc. Also, do not forget that since you are in a roster, there are jobs where only people that are in the "roster" are able to apply for.

Regarding timelines, you just never know. You could be offered a job in 2 weeks or in 2 years or never. (I once followed a forum thread of UN Translators and some of them were put on the roster. Some got jobs within a year, some waited 3 years+ and never received a job offer, although they were still in the "roster").

I have also followed a similar forum thread regarding JPO's, same thing.

That being said, congratulations on being put on a roster. It is very hard to get screened in, let alone pass the different hiring stages, let alone be put in a roster. That is great news. I wish you good luck in your future and please do not stop applying for other jobs in UN or other INGO's.

prdeepak

Post by prdeepak » 03 Sep 2019, 23:20

johne wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 19:08
prdeepak wrote:
Hi ,
I do not work for UN but from what i know about people working in UN, I strongly doubt that seniority level has anything to do with the roster, it will be based on the position requirements/required languages, etc. Also, do not forget that since you are in a roster, there are jobs where only people that are in the "roster" are able to apply for.

Regarding timelines, you just never know. You could be offered a job in 2 weeks or in 2 years or never. (I once followed a forum thread of UN Translators and some of them were put on the roster. Some got jobs within a year, some waited 3 years+ and never received a job offer, although they were still in the "roster").

That being said, congratulations on being put on a roster. It is very hard to get screened in, let alone pass the different hiring stages, let alone be put in a roster. That is great news. I wish you good luck in your future and please do not stop applying for other jobs in UN or other INGO's.
Hi Johne,
Thanks a lot for your reply. This is definately encouraging , i will keep on applying and hoping that oneday i will get through. Thank you and best to you as well

Regards,
Pratibha

johne

Post by johne » 04 Sep 2019, 11:49

prdeepak wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 23:20
johne wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 19:08
prdeepak wrote:
Hi ,

Hi Johne,
Thanks a lot for your reply. This is definately encouraging , i will keep on applying and hoping that oneday i will get through. Thank you and best to you as well

Regards,
Pratibha
Thank you. Please do let us know if you do get hired, so we can get happy for you :)