Written Assessment _Human Resource Officer_UN

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
prdeepak

Written Assessment _Human Resource Officer_UN

Post by prdeepak » 26 Sep 2019, 02:58

Hi All,
I need your help. I have been invited for a Written Assessment for HR officer role. It is mentioned it will be over UN Policies. Anyone with this assessment experience- can you suggest as to what to expect in such tests? Is it going to be over UN Staff policies and how to best prepare?
Truly appreciate your help

simkas

Re: Written Assessment _Human Resource Officer_UN

Post by simkas » 01 Oct 2019, 18:43

Hi,
Congrats on your invitation to WT.
May I ask which position this is for? I have been applying for HR positions too.
I took a WT for HR Officer P3 post in April. The invitation already mentioned some information on the test- They told me it would consist of multiple choice questions and then open questions. I had questions on overall function of UN, staff rules, benefits and entitlements. Then open questions where had to write policy opinion or reply to staff members.

Hope this helps!
Simka

prdeepak

Post by prdeepak » 02 Oct 2019, 04:20

Thanks Simkas,This surely helps. Also, being an external candidate, can you guide me as to how did you prepare for the test? Like what kind of materials would help? Like go through the manual or something? Can you advise?

Thanks,

simkas wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 18:43
Hi,
Congrats on your invitation to WT.
May I ask which position this is for? I have been applying for HR positions too.
I took a WT for HR Officer P3 post in April. The invitation already mentioned some information on the test- They told me it would consist of multiple choice questions and then open questions. I had questions on overall function of UN, staff rules, benefits and entitlements. Then open questions where had to write policy opinion or reply to staff members.

Hope this helps!
Simka

simkas

Post by simkas » 03 Oct 2019, 09:32

I think there is plenty of information on the website of OHRM at UN. You can check rules related to the job description.