Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
UnitedCandidates

Re: Application Process!

Post by UnitedCandidates » 04 Jan 2019, 15:58

NevKen wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 11:42
UnitedCandidates wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 11:41
Hi Guys!

I Applied to a "emergency recruitment" for UNICEF. Here's is the timeline so far:

- Dec 23 (Deadline for applications)
- Dec 24 (Application status: Application Acknoledgement)
- Dec 27 (Application status: Application Under Review)
No news Until now

About that, a few reads:

1) The fast change from "app acknoledment" to "under review" leads me to think that they could be really speeding up the process. What do you think? Is it usual?
2) The status "under review" means that I've done through the first screening process or only that somebody at the HR read my application (cover letter, work experience, etc) ?

3) Any other thoughts?
Reread the first email you received acknowledging the receipt of your application. The email also instructs something...
NevKen,
The acknowledging e-mail does not add anything important! Do YouTube think that this timeline (short, I know) fast change means that the process Will be relatively faster?

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 04 Jan 2019, 16:42

UnitedCandidates wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 15:58
NevKen wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 11:42
UnitedCandidates wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 11:41
Hi Guys!

I Applied to a "emergency recruitment" for UNICEF. Here's is the timeline so far:

- Dec 23 (Deadline for applications)
- Dec 24 (Application status: Application Acknoledgement)
- Dec 27 (Application status: Application Under Review)
No news Until now

About that, a few reads:

1) The fast change from "app acknoledment" to "under review" leads me to think that they could be really speeding up the process. What do you think? Is it usual?
2) The status "under review" means that I've done through the first screening process or only that somebody at the HR read my application (cover letter, work experience, etc) ?

3) Any other thoughts?
Reread the first email you received acknowledging the receipt of your application. The email also instructs something...
NevKen,
The acknowledging e-mail does not add anything important! Do YouTube think that this timeline (short, I know) fast change means that the process Will be relatively faster?
I do not know what YouTube think about this :D but based on the system I can say that it not about fast or slow process but it is about hiring a candidate/applicant that meet all the requirements and he/she is upto the standards sought by the hiring team. Not to forget there are several processes and each process is time consuming due to the fact that the hiring manager and the rest of concerned teams are not necessarily sitting under one roof in one country.

I never saw the UNICEF application submission acknowledgement email, I am basing my thought on rest of 95% organizations that states - if you meet the criteria and a match to VA, we will reach you through email with extra instructions.

Hope this clear!

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 06 Jan 2019, 13:38

Just wondering what might be this technical problem. Message from inspira:

"
Cancellation of Job Opening

Dear Mr. XXXX

Due to technical problems, the Job Opening has been cancelled. The Job Opening will be reissued soon.

Best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Bassam SALEM                                                            
United Nations "

This was P3 position in Iraq. Will that reissued notice be 1:1 same as cancelled one?
Sure time to time there can be situations when need to cancel actions but not very often.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » 19 Jan 2019, 10:40

Hello all,
I have applied several G position in unicef. Some positions are showing Application under review more than 6 months. My question is are those position are still available or already fulfilled. Does anyone have like this kind of experience?

djiedjom

Post by djiedjom » 09 Feb 2019, 09:29

how to know the status of my application?

dncngufu

Post by dncngufu » 18 Feb 2019, 19:58

Hi everyone,
I have successfully had an interview, reference check, credentials checks with UNICEF for a WASH Officer position in an emergency programme but now 14days since I have been asked to send my academic documents and no offer yet. Can I send a follow up mail ? Thank you.

Nada Essawy

Post by Nada Essawy » 20 Mar 2019, 16:03

Dear fellows,
I applied for a P4 position at the WHO in Lyon. The job was posted on the 20th of Dec 2018 and the deadline was the 11th of Jan 2019. The job status till the time being, 10 weeks after the deadline, is "in progress".
1) Any thoughts what does this status mean?
2) Is the job status regularly updated on the WHO applications?
3)I heard that the selection process could take up to 8 weeks, is that true?

Thanks in advance
Nada

MT_UNJL

Post by MT_UNJL » 06 Apr 2019, 14:54

Well, can anyone beat *this* record:

Attempt #1
Application for a P5 in NY. Job closed November 2016. No communication at all, for 244 days after closing. Then a notice saying JO cancelled. EXCEPT an internal transfer started a month later in that position. So JO not "truly" cancelled. Merely an internal filling.

Attempt #2
Application for a D1 in NY. Job closed January 2018. No communication at all, for 395 days after closing. Then an impersonal email inviting to a written assessment. Assessment now scheduled. [watch this space!]

alexdtl

Post by alexdtl » 13 Apr 2019, 15:09

Hi all,

I recently applied for a role in UNDP Vietnam and the recruitment was closed in early April. However, now the recruitment status is open again. Does this mean I am not qualified and has been filtered out for the role?

simkas

Post by simkas » 17 Apr 2019, 09:44

Dear fellows,

I applied for a P3 position at the UN in NYC. Only 2 days after the deadline I received en email invitation to the written test. What suprised me is the following sentence in the email:

"Once the tests have been evaluated, the candidates with a passing score will have their resumes screened toward the job opening requirements. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for a competency-based interview."

Does that mean that they havent screened the applications against eligibility criteria yet? I am asking because when applying, I was not sure to meet the work experience requirements, but gave it a shot!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Simka