Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
cenzo

Re: Application Process!

Post by cenzo » 17 Apr 2019, 11:15

2 days after deadline ?????!!!! Wooow !!

I have applications since early december 2018 and no changes at all.

Good luck, simkas.

Kamaliki

Post by Kamaliki » 18 Apr 2019, 14:57

Can anyone tell us after how long we should stop being hopeful and assume we weren't shortlisted? It's been a week since the deadline of my application and the status still reads under review (UNOPS). I hope I'm not just being impatient but I saw someone say they were invited for an interview two days after the deadline.

karen Paul

Post by karen Paul » 23 Apr 2019, 01:18

Unhcr D1 Position.
Dear Sebastian,I would love e to know how long it takes to get a response after the closing date when one applies for a D1 position with unhcr.
Also is the process slower or faster than the process for jobs with lower grades?
Thanks

suresnes

Post by suresnes » 23 Apr 2019, 03:33

dncngufu wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 19:58
Hi everyone,
I have successfully had an interview, reference check, credentials checks with UNICEF for a WASH Officer position in an emergency programme but now 14days since I have been asked to send my academic documents and no offer yet. Can I send a follow up mail ? Thank you.
This happened to me as well.. how did the result turn out!?
How long did it take for u to receive a formal offer after filling out the offer of appointment!?

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter » 23 Apr 2019, 06:42

Hi everyone, I was recently interviewed on 4th April for a JPO position at UNHCR. There was no written test only telephone interview. I had 1h 03min telephone interview in English and French as they require fluency in both languages.

On 11th April one week after interview i wrote a follow-up email to a member of the panel who is in charge of administration, he responded me that they were in the process of sending the interview report to HQ, and if i am selected they (HQ) will let me know.

My questions are follows:

1. Can i expect to be selected due to the fact that the HR shared with me such recruitment details.

2. When can anyone expect feedback after an interview (UNHCR process).

3. What is the role of interview board in selection process.

Thanks.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 23 Apr 2019, 10:29

Once again I don't know what to say. There was IICA-2 UNOPS vacancy notice end of the 2018. I was asked to take a test, which I assume to be successful since I had interview in the middle of February 2019. Now it is total radio silence and soon it is May. That vacancy was for 4 months (to start) and they needed someone as soon as possible. Maybe they understand that as soon as possible differently? Application status: applied. Vacancy status: Under review. To me all this looks like they already hired someone but they just forgot to inform others.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter » 23 Apr 2019, 14:57

Jannu wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 10:29
Once again I don't know what to say. There was IICA-2 UNOPS vacancy notice end of the 2018. I was asked to take a test, which I assume to be successful since I had interview in the middle of February 2019. Now it is total radio silence and soon it is May. That vacancy was for 4 months (to start) and they needed someone as soon as possible. Maybe they understand that as soon as possible differently? Application status: applied. Vacancy status: Under review. To me all this looks like they already hired someone but they just forgot to inform others.
Hi jannu,

Have you sent a follow-up email to inquire on hiring timeline. UN Recruitment process is normally slow. But in some cases they respect starting dates. I am in the waiting game like you for a JPO position at UNHCR. But the HR did reply me telling me that they are in the process of sending the Interview report to HQ. Till now no news.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 23 Apr 2019, 16:46

Jupiter wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 14:57

Hi jannu,

Have you sent a follow-up email to inquire on hiring timeline. UN Recruitment process is normally slow. But in some cases they respect starting dates. I am in the waiting game like you for a JPO position at UNHCR. But the HR did reply me telling me that they are in the process of sending the Interview report to HQ. Till now no news.
I was expecting that timeline is something faster because from closing date to test and interviews all happened pretty fast and also what they implied in the interview. I cant believe that there is weeks/months of bureaucracy after final interviews, I assume that they got maybe 3 - 5 candidates to choose from. If they really needed someone, that one should be working there already.