Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Jannu

Re: Application Process!

Post by Jannu » 28 Jun 2019, 05:39

I understand that time to time there are cancellations.This time there was process for half of the year before it was canceled. What took so long time to realize that they do not need or they do not have possibility to hire. I guess that when vacancy notice is out there they already have funding and money in budget for that appointment.

SarahB

Post by SarahB » 23 Jul 2019, 12:31

Hello to all,

this is my first time applying for an internship position with UNICEF and I had a question regarding the application status.
The deadline was yesterday evening and today my status is "Current status: Application outcome". Does that mean I didn't fit the criteria ? They weren't asking for anything in particular though. The internship start in September so I'm guessing it should go pretty fast but not even a day to decide ?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

westover

Post by westover » 07 Aug 2019, 11:34

Hello fellow hopefulls!

Thanks a lot for this forum! Does anyone have experience of applying to the UNEP?

It's my first time applying to the UN and a lot of learning to do! I applied for a P3 at the UNEP.

My timeline:
Mid-june: application sent
1st week of July: written test
2nd week of July: competency-based interview.

Now I've been waiting for 3 weeks, and they haven't asked me to submit 3 references. In the interview, they told me they want to recruit asap because the project is entering full implementation, but also said the internal process could take longer.

I'm thinking about following up next week. The three people who interviewed me are all the supervisors/partners in the project - so no HR people. I don't have their contact details.

Who should I contact? Is it a good idea to contact the Admin Assistant who organized my test and interview?

Many many thanks!

simkas

Post by simkas » 07 Aug 2019, 13:51

Hello,

I would like to get an advice on the CV format while applying for jobs in e.g. UNOPS, World Bank group... is there a specific format we have to stick to? Which format is recommended? Lets say 1 or 2 pages max? Can we apply using Europass format or not at all?
Friend working in WB told me never send more than 2 pages CV, is that true? I have been working in several international / EU institutions in Europe where long CV are preferred.

Thank you!

Mystique

Post by Mystique » 09 Aug 2019, 03:19

Hi!

I applied for an internship post in New-york HQ on 12th July and the deadline expired on 26th July 2019. My status hasn’t changed from “application acknowledged”. However, in the job posting it clearly mentioned they’re posting for the internship to begin in end of August. Its already mid August and so I’m a little confused as in whether the review process has begun or not. If anyone has experience with internship selection process, please share your experience with the timeline after submitting the application. Thanks

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 12 Aug 2019, 07:41

simkas wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 13:51
Hello,

I would like to get an advice on the CV format while applying for jobs in e.g. UNOPS, World Bank group... is there a specific format we have to stick to? Which format is recommended? Lets say 1 or 2 pages max? Can we apply using Europass format or not at all?
Friend working in WB told me never send more than 2 pages CV, is that true? I have been working in several international / EU institutions in Europe where long CV are preferred.

Thank you!
When it is about UN common system my experience is that you can not send your own CV. All the information is given in their own form + cover letter. I have been using years Europass when ever it is possible to send CV, I really do not know how welcomed it is but good thing is that you can modify it easily. I think more than 2 pages is too much these days when many use their own electronic forms.

jane27

Post by jane27 » 17 Aug 2019, 20:49

westover wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 11:34
Hello fellow hopefulls!

Thanks a lot for this forum! Does anyone have experience of applying to the UNEP?

It's my first time applying to the UN and a lot of learning to do! I applied for a P3 at the UNEP.

My timeline:

Now I've been waiting for 3 weeks, and they haven't asked me to submit 3 references. In the interview, they told me they want to recruit asap because the project is entering full implementation, but also said the internal process could take longer.

I'm thinking about following up next week. The three people who interviewed me are all the supervisors/partners in the project - so no HR people. I don't have their contact details.

Who should I contact? Is it a good idea to contact the Admin Assistant who organized my test and interview?

Many many thanks!
Hi, I'm not from UNEP. But in my experience with recruitment in the UN secretariat, even the admin assistant or the interviewers can't disclose anything. The only authorized one to communicate with the candidate at this point, whether you're successful or not, is someone from human resources, and only when the official results have been approved. It could take some weeks for internal processes, so just pray, keep hoping and don't give up! :)

westover

Post by westover » 22 Aug 2019, 09:51

jane27 wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 20:49
westover wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 11:34
Hello fellow hopefulls!

My timeline:

Many many thanks!
Hi, I'm not from UNEP. But in my experience with recruitment in the UN secretariat, even the admin assistant or the interviewers can't disclose anything. The only authorized one to communicate with the candidate at this point, whether you're successful or not, is someone from human resources, and only when the official results have been approved. It could take some weeks for internal processes, so just pray, keep hoping and don't give up! :)
Thanks so much Jane27! I did contact the admin assistant, and as you predicted, no answer at all! So I will just do what you said: keep praying, hoping and not give up! Thanks Sebastian for this excellent, nerve-calming forum :)

Ahmed Moneus

Post by Ahmed Moneus » 26 Aug 2019, 07:51

Hi Sabastian,
For me I apply for UN job in my country
*1 month after job deadline. I do online written test and make conference interview.
*3 weeks after I have received email message that I passed the interview evaluation. They asked me to submit my references for check alongside my academic credentials.
* It's been 26 days without a feed back.

I checked with the HR after my interview and I was told that HR process take long time and I will be positive If there is any inquiries they will back to me.
Mr. Sabastian could you inform me what is going on?

Eka

Post by Eka » 26 Aug 2019, 15:57

Quick question. Can anyone tell me what it means when your application process changes from application acknowledged to application outcome on the UNICEF site?

Thanks