Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
simkas

Re: Application Process!

Post by simkas » 04 Jun 2019, 08:03

Turquoise04 wrote:
30 May 2019, 10:17
simkas wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 09:44
Dear fellows,

I applied for a P3 position at the UN in NYC. Only 2 days after the deadline I received en email invitation to the written test. What suprised me is the following sentence in the email:

"Once the tests have been evaluated, the candidates with a passing score will have their resumes screened toward the job opening requirements. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for a competency-based interview."

Does that mean that they havent screened the applications against eligibility criteria yet? I am asking because when applying, I was not sure to meet the work experience requirements, but gave it a shot!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Simka
Hi Simka,

I think we did the same test. Any news from your end? I have not heard anything so far.

Hey, Was it for the HR Officer position too? No, I havent heard anything back yet.

cenzo

Post by cenzo » 04 Jun 2019, 14:25

Huummm...I did the same test and nothing yet, too.
Did they started the recruiting process by the end???
KKKKKKK...

Turquoise04

Post by Turquoise04 » 05 Jun 2019, 05:04

cenzo wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 14:25
KKKKKKK...
Maybe they invited all applicants to take the test.

Maxy

Post by Maxy » 15 Jun 2019, 10:30

Dear Sebastian, I have been waiting for over a month now after taking an exam online which I have answered 4 out of 6 questions for shortage of time and computer problems. Just this morning I found out that my application status went from “applied” to “longlisted” and my vacancy status changed from “under review” to “shortlisting” and my action column is still showing “withdraw” option.
Does that mean that I was selected to move on to the next process and still have opportunity?

Thank you so much

simkas

Post by simkas » 16 Jun 2019, 21:17

Turquoise04 wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 05:04
cenzo wrote:
KKKKKKK...
I wad thinking the same! But that would be sooooo inefficient

Turquoise04

Post by Turquoise04 » 18 Jun 2019, 12:41

simkas wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 21:17
Turquoise04 wrote:
cenzo wrote:
KKKKKKK...
I inquired with the HR person who responded that all applicants who have passed the first round has already been invited to the interview stage. Not for us I guess.

simkas

Post by simkas » 18 Jun 2019, 12:53

Turquoise04 wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 12:41
simkas wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 21:17
Turquoise04 wrote:

I inquired with the HR person who responded that all applicants who have passed the first round has already been invited to the interview stage. Not for us I guess.
Really? Thanks for letting me know! Next time maybe

Lisa

Post by Lisa » 18 Jun 2019, 13:44

Dear fellow hopefuls,
I did a Skype interview on for a P2 position on 30th April, (almost 6weeks after the online test).
I've been anxiously waiting and about 2weeks ago, I wrote to the HR asking if there was feedback. She informed me that they were about to complete the recruitment and they would revert shortly. I still haven't heard from them. However, today I was check my In Inspira and I noted that the application has completely disappeared from the "My application" tab. Previously it was showing "under consideration" and I still have other applications under consideration. Usually the applications reflect "application completed" or "filled from roster" , when the application is finalised, then after sometime they vanish. In most cases I've received communication on my email and on the inspira.
I find it quite strange...that the application has disappeared from my inspira without communication, even though I had come this far!
Has anyone here ever had such an experience?
@S@Sebastian , what does this mean? Should I consider myself as not having been successful?

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 28 Jun 2019, 05:39

I understand that time to time there are cancellations.This time there was process for half of the year before it was canceled. What took so long time to realize that they do not need or they do not have possibility to hire. I guess that when vacancy notice is out there they already have funding and money in budget for that appointment.