Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
westover

Re: Application Process!

Post by westover » 24 Sep 2019, 14:39

Hi all

Just want to let you know that it took 2 months for the UNEP to get back to me after the last interview. I actually think it is not that bad.

I didn't get it but I got rostered. Feels somewhat good!

Now I have applied for more positions, where I'm rostered for or not.

Good luck to all of you -- and keep sharing great news here!

traveller

Post by traveller » 26 Sep 2019, 07:21

Starbuck wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 09:41
Hi everybody! I had an interview for p2 IAEA position, and a week after they asked for permission to contact my references. Does anyone know how many candidates get their references checked? How this process looks like? Some of my referees are not proficient in English, I don't know how will they get info from them. And it is really hard to come upfront to your boss and say that you might leave, if there is just a slight chance of getting that dream job
Hi Starbuck,
I had an interview for a P5 with the same organisation. Like you, about 1 week later they asked to contact my references - which they did. Apparently they contact all references for those candidates considered ' suitable' after the interview. I didn't get the job btw - hope it works out different for you.

gautaminnitk

Post by gautaminnitk » 15 Oct 2019, 14:12

Hey...could you help me
How much time IAEA hr team took for sonru results ??

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 15 Oct 2019, 17:31

gautaminnitk wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 14:12
Hey...could you help me
Took three months to hear back from them.

Turquoise04

Post by Turquoise04 » 16 Oct 2019, 00:29

NevKen wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 14:32
Sure 'Application Process' is the life line of this forum.

Application Process for UNOPS

'Applied - Posted' (before the posting date expires)
'Applied - Under Review' (general eligibility is determined here) I have experienced status update in 4 days as well as 4 months.
'Longlisted - Shortlisting' (only eligible applications are longlisted) I have experienced status update in 4 days as well as 9 months.
'Longlisted - Evaluation' (only shortlisted applications are evaluated - functional eligibility is determined here) I have experienced status update in 4 days as well as 4 months.

I would welcome applicants who at some point had been shortlisted - what status you see and how often that updated (i.e; shortlisted - evaluation, shortlisted - interview/exercise etc.)

Please be advised this is only for UNOPS.
Hi NevKen!

Thanks for this information. I have one application at UNOPS which says "Longlisted - Evaluation" but I have never been contacted by UNOPS. This is for a job that closed last May. I hope this means I still stand a chance of being considered for an interview.

gautaminnitk

Post by gautaminnitk » 16 Oct 2019, 08:24

Thank you for your response ...still fews days left for 3months....

gautaminnitk

Post by gautaminnitk » 16 Oct 2019, 08:25

H.O.P wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 17:31
gautaminnitk wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 14:12
Hey...could you help me
Took three months to hear back from them.

Thanks a lot.... Still few days left for 3months

johne

Post by johne » 16 Oct 2019, 12:26

OECD:
Applied in July 2019
Test & Sonru interview - Beginning of September 2019
Panel interview - End of September 2019 (within 2 weeks of completing Test & Sonru interview)
Decision (not successful) - Middle of October 2019

The whole process was very quick; however, they did say in the email that test, sonru and panel will be completed within 2 weeks. They also said on the panel interview that they need someone very quickly because they have a small department and they need help. They told me i will hear about their decision in 3-4 weeks.