Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
bmoi

Re: Application Process!

Post by bmoi » 15 Jun 2020, 18:05

H.O.P wrote:
23 May 2020, 13:15
bmoi wrote:
23 May 2020, 00:21
They sent the test link 1st then an invitation email and lastly an email that i acknowldge the test link and invitation. All 3 emails came from no reply. Its strange how the whole process was including the mistakes. And i doubt its a scam because it is a job i applied for on inspira.

I have found some contacts and sent emails to people who i think can assist and will also try making some calls on Monday, so il keep fighting for a chance. If i am unable, then sadly it is an opportunity waisted on small mistakes.

Thanks for your assistance HOP.
No problem. I hope you get some positive results. Good luck.
Hi HOP and everyone

Just wanted to let you know that i managed to get a re-invitation and wrote the test this past week. Its either i knocked on enough doors by sending a lot of emails or they realized a mistake was made. Either way am just glad i got a chance to write the exam, and this time i was well prepared and understood most questions (unlike previous attempts) so i am feeling positive about this one.

Hopefully i will get an invite for an interview. Fingers crossed🤞🏻

Thanks

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 15 Jun 2020, 21:10

Great news! Good luck.

Mer

Post by Mer » 19 Jun 2020, 12:39

Hello everyone,
I would like your opinion. I have interviewed a month ago for a position with UN secretariat at HQ. The interview went very well (one panelist even said “congratulations that is amazing” on one on my work achievement). I was told to wait 1-2 month before receiving an answer. Because I’m in a weird spot a work right now, they are offering me a project which I would want if I don’t get the job but I don’t want to say yes just yet and leave them hanging if I quit. So I have reached out to the program admin who was on the Skype interview with no response. I have then reached out to two other interviewers who would be colleagues, with no response either. Should I assume the worst or is it no normal for them not to answer?

cherrygirl

Post by cherrygirl » 19 Jun 2020, 12:51

Mer wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 12:39
Hello everyone,
I would like your opinion. I have interviewed a month ago for a position with UN secretariat at HQ. The interview went very well (one panelist even said “congratulations that is amazing” on one on my work achievement). I was told to wait 1-2 month before receiving an answer. Because I’m in a weird spot a work right now, they are offering me a project which I would want if I don’t get the job but I don’t want to say yes just yet and leave them hanging if I quit. So I have reached out to the program admin who was on the Skype interview with no response. I have then reached out to two other interviewers who would be colleagues, with no response either. Should I assume the worst or is it no normal for them not to answer?
Hi I think there is internal policy for them not to communicate anything about the process/results even if you come as the first candidate. But in my case, when I got the job and the process took too long after the interview, potential bosses informally reached out to me. This was the case for 2 jobs I had. Good luck and do not already give up hope although I know it is difficult not to. I would go for the project if I were you. I mean there are always people who can get handover and run the project even if you get the job and have to leave the organization.

Mer

Post by Mer » 19 Jun 2020, 13:02

@cherrygirl Thanks for your answer! I think I’ll wait 3 more weeks and see. If I don’t hear anything I’ll take the project. In your case, how long was it before they reached out to you?

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 19 Jun 2020, 15:30

Mer wrote:
Hello everyone,
You should take the project. Also, if you get the UN contract, after accepting the offer, you can negotiate a start date (this is possible in the UN). It will give you time to handover the project. Don't reject a project over uncertainty, especially when it comes to the UN.

Mer

Post by Mer » 19 Jun 2020, 23:21

H.O.P wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 15:30
Mer wrote:
Hello everyone,
I would like your opinion. I have interviewed a month ago for a position with UN secretariat at HQ. The interview went very well (one panelist even said “congratulations that is amazing” on one on my work achievement). I was told to wait 1-2 month before receiving an answer. Because I’m in a weird spot a work right now, they are offering me a project which I would want if I don’t get the job but I don’t want to say yes just yet and leave them hanging if I quit. So I have reached out to the program admin who was on the Skype interview with no response. I have then reached out to two other interviewers who would-be colleagues, with no response either. Should I assume the worst or is it no normal for them not to answer?
You should take the project. Also, if you get the UN contract, after accepting the offer, you can negotiate a start date (this is possible in the UN). It will give you time to handover the project. Don't reject a project over uncertainty, especially when it comes to the UN.
Thanks @h.o.p I was trying to see If I should wait another 2-3 weeks before giving my answer for the project or if these are signs that I should not hold my breath. But since @cherrygirl said that perhaps they are not allowed to answer, it might explain why they did not. I'm going to wait another 3 weeks and if I hear nothing, I'll take the project. Hopefully, I'll know before since it's already been a month this week. Most people on this forum waited 2 months for an offer letter from what I read... anything longer seems like a long shot.

On the good side, someone I know working for the same agency told me that they rarely interview more than 3 people (in her almost 20 years she has never seen more than 3-4 candidates at the interviews stage) so that means that I have very good chances unless there is someone on the inside that is already in line for the job (she said that happens a lot, unfortunately).

Also, just a side note, she said that they only check references AFTER the offer is made.

Mer

Post by Mer » 22 Jun 2020, 16:19

Update: received an email from one of the panelists letting me know that they have sent their candidate recommendation for selection and roster to HRMS and that I should hear back from HRMS in 3-4 weeks.
Are these normal delays from HRMS in your experience?
I feel good that they took the time to write that, sounds positive to me.