UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Grace

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Grace » 25 Jan 2019, 09:51

Hi. I received an email from UNV that said they are proposing my profile for a position at UNHCR Burundi. It's been a week but haven't received an interview date. I am wondering if I should contact them directly? I am in Nairobi and it's only an hour time difference. Just to know when I should be prepared for interview.

On average how long is it between the shortlisting and interview date?

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 26 Jan 2019, 16:50

No, don't contact them yet. It should take maybe 2 weeks but also up to a month before they contact you. Good luck!

prophelious

Post by prophelious » 05 Feb 2019, 13:58

help over this issue, to anybody who my guess. somebody told me that he was contacted for his availability for a national unv of which he provided but his profile haven't changed yet now two months. that what could this mean. for me I don't know why his profile did not change.

prophelious

Post by prophelious » 05 Feb 2019, 14:00

help over this issue, to anybody who my guess. somebody told me that he was contacted for his availability for a national unv of which he provided but his profile haven't changed yet now two months. that what could this mean. for me I don't know why his profile did not change.

Grace

Post by Grace » 06 Feb 2019, 04:33

My Profile did not change either.
I only have the email from Bonn thanking me for my availability & interest and saying they will submit my profile to the field unit.
I guess it takes much longer than I thought. I have not heard from the field unit 2 weeks later.

azra

Post by azra » 08 Feb 2019, 13:51

Hi everyone, I have applied to a couple of special calls. One of them had appeared under "my assignment proposals" with "no action required" under the required action column, but I have not received any e-mail notification of any sort. Is this normal? What could this mean?

wow

Post by wow » 13 Feb 2019, 09:50

Hi everyone. First of all, many thanks to Sebastian and to all of you for this wonderful forum. I'm new and I'm picking up this thread as I've been selected for an UNV assignment. I completed all requested steps (medical clearance, online training, resign, etc.) and emailed UNV confirm that on Feb 3. From what I know UNV is processing my visa and pre-departure payment. But I haven't heard anything from them since Feb 3. So my question is, how long do these 2 processes usually take? So that I know when would be reasonable to follow up. Oh and I'm expected to travel at the end of March. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

ichtus

Post by ichtus » 15 Feb 2019, 08:55

UN is generally slow. From one action to another, the average waiting time is between 1-2 months. It takes an average of 8 months to complete a recruitment in the UN system. You need to be very very very...patient.

IMMOHAMMAD

Post by IMMOHAMMAD » 15 Feb 2019, 17:13

Good day all ,
I am new in this forum. I would like to share that I was interviewed buy unv field unit on 6th of this month . I have contacted one of the interviewer who was a member of interview panel on 13th . Just after a week . She responded me that "the selection process is being handle by unv office and they will advise you in due time ". May I know why she didn't share an outcome of that interview ? And how long unv bonn will take to respond me ?

IMMOHAMMAD

Post by IMMOHAMMAD » 15 Feb 2019, 17:32

H.O.P wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 09:11
Ahmed Sam wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 08:23
Hi guys, unfortunately I wasn't long listed for that post Air operations assistant in the DRC.
I had applied to Movcon assistant in Somalia too.
My question here, can I amend my job description after submitting my application? Or it will just show what was written in it the time I submitted it?

Thanks a lot
I don't think you can. Each special call you applied to will show what is on your profile. You can amend your profile at any time, even after applying to a special call.
Hello Ahmed ,

I would suggest you to read unv requirements before you apply. Did anyone contact you for MOVCON Aat Somalia ? I hope they will contact you soon .

Thanks