UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
H.O.P

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by H.O.P » 26 Feb 2019, 06:23

Jupiter wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 19:54
H.O.P wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 13:21
Jupiter wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 16:16
I would like to know how UNV interview are conducted. If possible i would like to get some tips. Thank you
My own interview was a teleconference. It followed the standard UN Competency based interview style. I was asked questions based on 3 selected UN Competency areas.
Thank you H.O.P. i interviewed today it was a Competency based Interview as you said. I would like to know when i should expect results for the interview. How long does the procedure
take normally?
There is no clear answer to this. Mine took 2 months to hear an answer. But, yours could be earlier depending on need and urgency.

IMMOHAMMAD

Post by IMMOHAMMAD » 26 Feb 2019, 14:28

H.O.P wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 06:23
Jupiter wrote:
H.O.P wrote:

My own interview was a teleconference. It followed the standard UN Competency based interview style. I was asked questions based on 3 selected UN Competency areas.
Thank you H.O.P. i interviewed today it was a Competency based Interview as you said. I would like to know when i should expect results for the interview. How long does the procedure
take normally?
There is no clear answer to this. Mine took 2 months to hear an answer. But, yours could be earlier depending on need and urgency.
Gentlemen,

I had given an interview on 6th of this month. I haven't received any information from them yet. I am not longlisting by them either for same assignment in different country. Hope everything will be okay.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter » 27 Feb 2019, 18:20

H.O.P wrote:
Jupiter wrote:
H.O.P wrote:

take normally?
Thank you H.O.P. let me wait for feedback back then. But i would like to know wether they give feedback to unsuccessful candidates of the interview.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter » 27 Feb 2019, 18:23

IMMOHAMMAD wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 14:28
H.O.P wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

take normally?
Gentlemen,

I had given an interview on 6th of this month. I haven't received any information from them yet. I am not longlisting by them either for same assignment in different country. Hope everything will be okay.
Hi, IMMUHAMMAD
I am in same situation like you. i interviewed this monday. But i estimate that it is still early. I am also not longlisted for the same assignment in different countries.

Papa

Post by Papa » 28 Feb 2019, 04:35

karen Paul wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 18:13
When your profile indicates you have been proposed for an assignment, usually how long does it take for you to receive a mail or what is the next step.
Can anyone share their experience?
Thanks
Hey Karen it can be a day to a month. Personally I was proposed and contacted after two days. It depends with the urgency to fill up the post.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 28 Feb 2019, 17:29

Jupiter wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 18:20
H.O.P wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

take normally?
Thank you H.O.P. let me wait for feedback back then. But i would like to know wether they give feedback to unsuccessful candidates of the interview.
Yes they do. I once got a regret letter after one-month on another IUNV position that I got proposed for. But in this particular case, I was never interviewed. So, I don't know.

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 20 Mar 2019, 12:33

I'm 1/4 into my IUNV contract, and already looking forward to getting an extension (and hopefully being re-deployed to a more exciting location - aka I like hardship locations). I hope everyone else is doing great with their UNV assignments, and to those trying to get into the system, you can do it!

Papa

Post by Papa » 22 Mar 2019, 09:31

starryhindsight wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 12:33
I'm 1/4 into my IUNV contract, and already looking forward to getting an extension (and hopefully being re-deployed to a more exciting location - aka I like hardship locations). I hope everyone else is doing great with their UNV assignments, and to those trying to get into the system, you can do it!
Long time Starryhindsight, good to hear from you. I am doing my IUNV 3/10 in very hardship location. But I am enjoying every bit of it.

MMS

Post by MMS » 05 Apr 2019, 20:20

I have have been proposed for an International UNV assignment.However, after I confirmed my availability for the assignment they didn't communicate with me for almost five weeks, after the five weeks they put link in the required action asking me to upload vendor form, vendor form is the form that give banking information to be registered in UNV ERP system called Atlas, does this gives any positive clue?

LimeGreen16

Post by LimeGreen16 » 11 Apr 2019, 11:49

Hi everybody,

Let me start by expressing my gratitude. Finding this forum has been a very welcome find. So, thank you for that!

I'm about 6 months out from graduation. I just finished a 6-month internship at HQ. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there. So much so, that I'm convinced I want to pursue this UN thing :-).

I was told by some colleagues that the UNV programme is a good way of getting your foot in the door.
Currently, I'm still very much in that intern-phase. I have an internship lined up with an NGO and after that I might do a traineeship with one of the EU institutions.

When considering candidates for a UNV position, do the hiring managers consider internships as actual work experience?
I'm wondering if you guys could tell me if it is possible to transition from internships into the UNV programme, or if I need to get a paid job before I'm able to become a UNV.

Thanks!