UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
calljuspal

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by calljuspal » 20 Jun 2019, 00:28

katoto wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 13:02
Hi everybody, I have been applying for a couple of special calls. One of them appeared under "my assignment proposals" with "no action required" under the required action column, but I have not received any e-mail notification a month since the assignment proposal appeared. The "no action required" under the required action column has disappeared but the assignment proposal still appears. Is this normal? What could this mean?
Same question. One of the special calls appeared under my assignment proposal. In the "action" column, after I selected available, the unavailable button alone appeared. In a day, even that disappeared and now the action column is blank. What does it mean?? (Please note that I got an email on my long listing though)

johne

Post by johne » 12 Jul 2019, 13:12

Hello,

Can someone please help me in filling out the profile for UNV? I've been applying for UNv positions for the last 2 years (checking the website on the daily basis) and i've only been long listed for ONE in South Sudan. Clearly i am doing something wrong. I have been long-listed for the position on UN Inspira, went to interview stages in OSCE and other NGO agencies but for some reason not so successful on UNV website.

I have BA (currently pursuing MBA), fluent in two UN official languages, have 5 years of project management experience, 3 years of Federal Government experience, i have worked overseas when i was a student. I believe that i should get at least long-listed for SOME positions in the last 2 years :(

Juliette

Post by Juliette » 19 Jul 2019, 21:36

Hello everyone please I need assistance, I was contacted by UNV by email that my profile has been proposed for a UNV Assignment, I updated my profile as requested and clicked available for assignment. It is a month now and I have not heard from them & the action section of my page still displays " Only click here if you are not available for assignment".

Please does anyone know what this means? Thank you

antgi

Post by antgi » 25 Jul 2019, 08:29

Hi! Amazing thread with great information for anyone getting stressed out by the UNV selection process.

I'm currently waiting on a reply for a special call that I applied for in late June. I received a follow up e-mail two days after my interview which said that I'm 'under serious consideration'. It's now been a week since I submitted the required documents (education credentials etc).

I was just curious if anyone here has actually proceeded this far and yet, not receive the offer in the end. I'm wondering because the e-mail already stated that I should apply for the 'obligatory course in my country' before the trip. My interpretation is that it would be funny that I would have applied for that and in the end - not get the position. Anyone else in a similar position? :P

Kamkam

Post by Kamkam » 09 Aug 2019, 11:23

Hey,

Could you throw some light on how what the written test is like?

Thanks for your time.

Kamkam

UN Volunteering

Post by Kamkam » 09 Aug 2019, 12:52

When I go to my assignments block on my UNV profile. There is a project that appears. But, there is no option in the 'Actions' section. So, I am not quite sure how do I communicate my availability. Also, I didn't receive an email from the UNV stating my assignment proposal. On the Date section, it says, 8th August, but I haven't received any email yet.

Aggy

Post by Aggy » 09 Aug 2019, 18:37

Hi All,
Guys I did an interview on 4/06/2019 and up to now i have never got any response. I made a follow up after one month and i was told the results were not ready they were still compiling the report and as soon they are done they will let me know and up to this moment i have never heard from them. At this point what can somebody do?

karen Paul

Post by karen Paul » 15 Aug 2019, 19:55

Hi everyone i applied for two special calls and few hours later i got emails thanking me for applying and that i will be contacted once the dateline is over.Its been over 4weeks now.Please can anyone explain what this means.Thanks.

jane27

Post by jane27 » 17 Aug 2019, 20:44

Hi guys, for those waiting for results after the interview, there's a process (maybe up to 2 months) that takes from the hiring manager (from the unit that interviewed you) to the UNV office in the specific country, to the UNV HQ in Bonn. So at this point, even you followed up with the one who set your interview appointment cannot disclose anything, as it is the UNV HQ that will give the result whether you're successful or not. So hang on, pray and keep hoping! :)

jane27

Post by jane27 » 19 Aug 2019, 21:28

johne wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 13:12
Hello,

Can someone please help me in filling out the profile for UNV? I've been applying for UNv positions for the last 2 years (checking the website on the daily basis) and i've only been long listed for ONE in South Sudan. Clearly i am doing something wrong. I have been long-listed for the position on UN Inspira, went to interview stages in OSCE and other NGO agencies but for some reason not so successful on UNV website.

I have BA (currently pursuing MBA), fluent in two UN official languages, have 5 years of project management experience, 3 years of Federal Government experience, i have worked overseas when i was a student. I believe that i should get at least long-listed for SOME positions in the last 2 years :(
Hi John, I think it depends on the available UNV vacancy that suits your profile. Some expertise can be very limited, and so are available slots or vacancies. Perhaps it's good to update your profile and make it even clearer to get higher chances :)