UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
lubeto
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Aug 2019, 15:39
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 09 Dec 2019, 11:59

starryhindsight wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 09:29
If it's a Skype interview I very much doubt it's a written one. It should be again another competency based interview. Good luck with the process!

I extended my UNV contract also based on feedback of former UNVs that say there is no guarantee you get reselected after a service, you go through the process as usual and there's always a chance not to get selected. I decided to chase after my dream of going to hardship locations in another way (aka I made my interest be known that I wanted to join the Emergency Roster we have).
I`m glad to hear that and good luck! How can i apply to the Emergency Roster as well, is there a chance? or it`s an internal procedure?

Since i got back in June, i had been shortlisted for 3 positions, but still i`m waiting for a positive feedback... I wanted to extend too, but i already had 3 extension and due to lack of funding for my positions i was not able to!

I like hardship locations too, pakistan was considered as one till January this year, and now it`s a family location :)

Papa
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Papa » 06 May 2020, 17:36

Hey team,
I have just started applying for UNV positions once again. I got the below in a feedback email.....
Please be aware that in the interest of time, we might directly submit your profile to the host organisation for further review, without reverting to you.....
Does this mean they no longer post on the 'My assignment proposal' if one has been longlisted???

H.O.P
Posts: 165
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by H.O.P » 06 May 2020, 19:30

Papa wrote:
06 May 2020, 17:36
Hey team,
I have just started applying for UNV positions once again. I got the below in a feedback email.....
Please be aware that in the interest of time, we might directly submit your profile to the host organisation for further review, without reverting to you.....
Does this mean they no longer post on the 'My assignment proposal' if one has been longlisted???
It means they would no longer send you a prior email requesting for them to submit your profile if longlisted. They will directly submit it to the host organisation without telling you and you might become aware only when called for an interview or see it under my assignment proposal.

Papa
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Papa » 07 May 2020, 08:15

H.O.P wrote:
06 May 2020, 19:30
Papa wrote:
06 May 2020, 17:36
Hey team,
I have just started applying for UNV positions once again. I got the below in a feedback email.....
Please be aware that in the interest of time, we might directly submit your profile to the host organisation for further review, without reverting to you.....
Does this mean they no longer post on the 'My assignment proposal' if one has been longlisted???
It means they would no longer send you a prior email requesting for them to submit your profile if longlisted. They will directly submit it to the host organisation without telling you and you might become aware only when called for an interview or see it under my assignment proposal.
Thanks a lot H.O.P for the feedback

Papa
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Papa » 10 Jun 2020, 12:16

Hey team,
I have just been proposed for an Election assignment with UN mission in Somalia. Awaiting the next step. Requesting positive vibes.

Lin
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Aug 2019, 05:23

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Lin » 12 Jun 2020, 02:08

Congratulations! May I ask how long did you know you were shortlisted by UNV after the deadline passed? Was it one week or longer? Thank you!

Papa
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Papa » 12 Jun 2020, 05:10

Thanks Lin, it took three weeks after the deadline has passed, but its not shortlisting, its longlisting......

Lin
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Aug 2019, 05:23

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Lin » 12 Jun 2020, 05:53

That's really long time, compared to the past. I was long-listed for a few times last year. I feel longlisting is already shortlisting since the host agency will invite you for interview anyway. Good luck and I am sure you will make it to the end!!

H.O.P
Posts: 165
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by H.O.P » 12 Jun 2020, 07:42

Lin wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 05:53
That's really long time, compared to the past. I was long-listed for a few times last year. I feel longlisting is already shortlisting since the host agency will invite you for interview anyway. Good luck and I am sure you will make it to the end!!
Not really. I was proposed, but was never called for interview by the Agency. Not to take away from your hope @P@Papa

Papa
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Papa » 13 Jun 2020, 17:12

H.O.P wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 07:42
Lin wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 05:53
That's really long time, compared to the past. I was long-listed for a few times last year. I feel longlisting is already shortlisting since the host agency will invite you for interview anyway. Good luck and I am sure you will make it to the end!!
Not really. I was proposed, but was never called for interview by the Agency. Not to take away from your hope @P@Papa
Yeah, in the past I have been longlisted but I was never called for an interview.

Post Reply