UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
lubeto

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 21 Jun 2020, 08:53

Hey Guys,

I`m wondering if the current situation with the pandemic has a strong reflection to the UNV process? (although I can see positions being advertised)

As for the last several months since the pandemic, i have applied to a lot of positions but with no positive outcomes (like longlisting etc.)

Comparing with the end of last year where I had about 3 interviews and been long listed for 5 postings. :?

Will appreciated your opinion on the above and if it is possible some of the position to be advertised but to be placed on hold until further notice, following the situation?

Has anyone being chosen for a UNV posting this year :?

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 21 Jun 2020, 11:54

lubeto wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 08:53
Hey Guys,

I`m wondering if the current situation with the pandemic has a strong reflection to the UNV process? (although I can see positions being advertised)

As for the last several months since the pandemic, i have applied to a lot of positions but with no positive outcomes (like longlisting etc.)

Comparing with the end of last year where I had about 3 interviews and been long listed for 5 postings. :?

Will appreciated your opinion on the above and if it is possible some of the position to be advertised but to be placed on hold until further notice, following the situation?

I’ve received 2 longlisting in this COVID era. Recruitment is ongoing, although could be slower. Probably travel will be put on hold pending when travel restrictions are lifted. Most countries are already reopening borders.

Papa

Post by Papa » 30 Jun 2020, 08:40

lubeto wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hey,
I have applied for several positions this year, I just got long listed for a position in Somalia three weeks ago.

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 04 Jul 2020, 11:39

Papa wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 08:40
lubeto wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hey,
I have applied for several positions this year, I just got long listed for a position in Somalia three weeks ago.
Hey, thanks for the reply guys!

I am applying like crazy, but still with no positive outcome :( not losing hope!

Good luck with the position in Somalia, i had the chance of being long listed in March for an UNV assignment in Somalia but haven`t heard from them since..do you have an interview date? since the end of my first UNV assignment in Pakistan, i`ve been long listed several times and invited to some of them for interviews, but with no success :( hopefully, i will have the chance soon to participate in one