Fraud

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Salanga

Fraud

Post by Salanga » 18 Feb 2020, 05:57

Hello everyone.
I did an interview for P3 manager (healthcare).
Everything went fine and I'm quite sure I did better than my counterpart. To my surprise after a month or so I received a note of regret. After I received an information from the colleague I was mentoring for an interview (nursing position) that there was actually a fraud and the wrong candidate was offered with the position and the candidate had said it to his friend.

After a while they did an interview but they were later notified that the interview had to be repeated due to unavoidable circumstances and intervention from headquarters.
There is actually an information that the wrong candidate who was recruited instead of me was in the panel na was trying to also force to wrongly recruite a candidate ( his friend) who had not actually passed an interview. The interview will soon be done and again and it seems the panelists will be changed.

Then I decided to appeal. I received and email that they have taken the message seriously and come back to me with a feedback.
My take; how long will the process take, will there be justice??
Regards, thanks in advance.

jane27

Re: Fraud

Post by jane27 » 19 Feb 2020, 14:36

Hi, @Salanga ,
That's really unfortunate to hear. I'm not sure how often this happens, but none so far I've encountered in my 6-year experience with recruitment. I only heard of one case when an applicant filed an objection about the choice of recruitment. It happened in a field mission, so if you can imagine the whole process takes time, due to all the layers - from the field mission, to the relevant department of UNHQ and to an independent entity for investigating. There's a whole lot of exchange of documentation going on, and perhaps it took some months for the assigned body to come to a decision. In that case, the hiring manager won the case because it's proven that the selected candidate was the best one.
So know that there's a process for this, but in the meantime, you need to come up with detailed documentation and adequate evidence, not just hearsay.
I wish you the best.
“Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

Salanga

Re: Fraud

Post by Salanga » 22 Feb 2020, 07:36

The office I'm referring to has had such allegations .However ,its almost impossible to prove.
In this way, appealing would alert the recruiters concerned to do better in the future.