UNOPS application status process

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Mekhel

Re: UNOPS application status process

Post by Mekhel » 31 May 2019, 12:37

Hi guys,
passed the test and the interview, 2 months after the status change to Completed (2 days ago)
I did not receive anything
Is there still hope or is it over?
Thanks

Maxy

Post by Maxy » 19 Jun 2019, 18:07

a.saidam wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 16:10
Tamimi wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 17:40
Thanks indeed. Actually, I have the option to withdraw with ones I am long listed for and they are shortlisting for. It is only one post that is Shortlisting and I cannot withdraw which I take it as good sign hopefully.
Unfortunately, if the application status is applied and vacancy status is shortlisting. it means that the process go forward without your application. that's why, the system removes the link of withdraw. at this case the applicant already out of the process.
What if the the system didn’t remove the “withdraw” option where application status is “longlisted” and vacancy status is “shortlisting” what is the status in this case?
Thank you

C162

Post by C162 » 04 Jul 2019, 18:38

Hi everyone,

First post/reply here, get lost and totally puzzled evenmore after reading page after pages. My case are somewhat different than others, hopefully someone would share some light upon my dark rabbit hole☺.

1. On my inspira application page, there's only status tab (under consideration, filled from roster, etc), I couldn't find the vacancy status as others might have.

2. I've been invited for 1 written test and 2 job fit questionnaire (status on inspira until now = under consideration) and other written test following this week. Question is what the difference between written test and job fit questionnaire since the invitations both stated as written assesment and mostly it's almost the same (essays & case study) and there's no changes after completed the assessment ( under consideration). Don't actually get the picture here.

Still have tons of questions 😁, hopefully someone helps!.

Thank god this forum exist! Universe bless you admins!
Thank you!

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 15 Jul 2019, 13:18

What is wrong with them? I do not get it. I had final interview and after that nothing now after months I see Vacancy Status Archived. They didn't reply my follow up email. No regret letter, nothing. If person is interviewed it is just good manners to keep that person updated.

SIRWILLY50

Post by SIRWILLY50 » 21 Jul 2019, 22:10

Hi Sabastian, I already had an online assessment test and Skype interview in February 2019. No communication f th om the employer yet. On the job online site the Application status is Shortlisted while the Vacancy Status is Archived. What may have happened here? Is it likely that some other candidate may have been offered the job?
Thanks for your time.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 30 Jul 2019, 08:40

And here is continuing to my story:
I sent email about my recent application process to jobs@unops.org. After two weeks I received email that looked like automated message telling that they got huge amount of request and application and due to that the just cant reply to them. I replied that they did not even reply my comments and after that they asked which what vacancy was it and after I told it I got quick email from HR unit which was dealing with this vacancy. I am sure that I would have any reply from that HR without these emails to UNOPS.
My experience with UN is that when is something that does not clearly concern them but is more like personal interest they just dont care much.

Maxy

Post by Maxy » 21 Aug 2019, 04:29

NevKen wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 22:16
karen Paul wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 22:01
Hey guys sorry to drag you back but please I need more explanation on the recruitment process in unops.
What does it mean when your status moves shows,longlisted and shortlisting.Also review shortlisting and shortlisted evaluation.
Thanks Karen Paul.
The questions are explained multiple times even during this thread. In short:

Longlisted/Shortlisting = your application is longlisted, further the hiring team is in a process of shortlisting.
Longlisted/Evaluation = your application is longlisted, further the hiring team is evaluating the shortlisted applicants.

Shortlisted/Shortlisting = your application is shortlisted, further the hiring team is still in a process of shortlisting.
Shortlisted/Evaluation = your application is Shortlisted, further the hiring team is evaluating the shortlisted applicants.
For Longlisted/Shortlisting and Longlisted/Evaluation what are the probabilities?

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 29 Aug 2019, 09:38

Title Category Level Date of Application Closing Date of Vacancy Application Status Vacancy Status

Project Administrator IICA-1 25-Nov-2018 28-Nov-2018 Longlisted Shortlisting

Is there still hope, or they once again forget to update status?

UNdertheradar

Post by UNdertheradar » 30 Aug 2019, 07:48

Jannu wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 09:38
Title Category Level Date of Application Closing Date of Vacancy Application Status Vacancy Status

I think they forgot to update the status to be honest. It doesn't take 9 months to hire IICAs...A tip that helps (sometimes) is to look on LinkedIn for the title of the position to see if someone recently started a job at UNOPS with that title. It's usually a dead giveaway that they chose a candidate and they've started to work already. I've found out this way many times without the application status ever changing or receiving a regret letter.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 30 Aug 2019, 10:01

UNdertheradar wrote:
30 Aug 2019, 07:48
Jannu wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 09:38

I think they forgot to update the status to be honest. It doesn't take 9 months to hire IICAs...A tip that helps (sometimes) is to look on LinkedIn for the title of the position to see if someone recently started a job at UNOPS with that title. It's usually a dead giveaway that they chose a candidate and they've started to work already. I've found out this way many times without the application status ever changing or receiving a regret letter.

Yes, I have done that too.
But honestly this not way how to run things. Same happens with other UN common system organizations. Once in a while mistakes can happen but still to me this is more like showing their ignorance. They got the chosen one and that is all what matters. If recruitment process is like this then how is actual work?