UNOPS application status process

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
watermalon

UNOPS application status process

Post by watermalon » 29 Sep 2018, 04:40

Hi!
I have applied for multiple jobs at the UNOPS and wonder if there is anyone could share the timeline. I have experienced status from "applied" to "longlisted" while overall status from "under review" to "shortlisting" to "evaluation completed".
Since I have not yet got any further update from "longlisted", I wonder if there is anyone who has their status changed to "shortlisted" could share how long the process usually is. Even just an approximate number of days would be helpful.
Thank you :)

NevKen

Re: UNOPS application status process

Post by NevKen » 29 Sep 2018, 11:32

Follow the link for answers...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6#p6

Rébecca Nindorera

Post by Rébecca Nindorera » 04 Oct 2018, 07:00

Greetings. I have applied for UNOPS opportunity as well. Last week the status of my application was " longlisted. And the status of the recruitment process was " shortlisting". At the end of the last week ,I got an email inviting me for the written test. I did it yesterday 3 October 2018. In the invitation email they told me that within two weeks ,only selected candidates will be informed for next steps ,while thereafter of the candidates will be communicated at the end of the recruitment process.comparing to your case, this means the positions you applied for have already been filled . In my understanding. Thanks .

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 06 Oct 2018, 15:31

Rébecca Nindorera wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 07:00
Greetings. I have applied for UNOPS opportunity as well. Last week the status of my application was " longlisted. And the status of the recruitment process was " shortlisting". At the end of the last week ,I got an email inviting me for the written test. I did it yesterday 3 October 2018. In the invitation email they told me that within two weeks ,only selected candidates will be informed for next steps ,while thereafter of the candidates will be communicated at the end of the recruitment process.comparing to your case, this means the positions you applied for have already been filled . In my understanding. Thanks .
Thanks for sharing!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Rébecca Nindorera

Post by Rébecca Nindorera » 18 Oct 2018, 14:48

Greetings Family! I have been invited for a Skype interview ( behavioral interview )and I did it yesterday 17 October 2018. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the feedback after an interview in UNOPS ??

Thanks for your answer.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 18 Oct 2018, 15:08

Rébecca Nindorera wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:48
Greetings Family! I have been invited for a Skype interview ( behavioral interview )and I did it yesterday 17 October 2018. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the feedback after an interview in UNOPS ?? Thanks for your answer.
Congrats, as per posted material here at this forum, it varies case by case. In numbers approximately between two to six weeks is a norm.

watermalon

Post by watermalon » 19 Oct 2018, 05:43

Congrats Rebecca! That's a good reference. I have not been really keeping up with what's going on with my application too often. But thank you for your input!
NevKen thanks for the approximation of feedback, useful information. Guess I should continue applying and never give up huh :D

simkas

Post by simkas » 21 Oct 2018, 12:13

Hello everyone!

I am also applying to UNOPS positions as working UNOPS is my dream job!
Several of my applications are in status longlisted/shortlisted, however I never made it to the skype interview.... I have to say that every time I was invited to the test the process was very fast, received email invitation 2-4 weeks after application deadline.
Some of my application form November 2017 are still in status longlisted- Evaluation; I guess they just forgot to close it as on Linkedin I saw that they recruited someone for the advertised positions.

Overall I have to say that UNOPS is moving on with recruitment pretty fast comparing to other UN agencies. the recruitment times takes on average 1-3 months.

I should also continue applying and never give up! waiting for next job add relevant to my profile to be published; fingers crossed!

Skachumbo

Post by Skachumbo » 24 Oct 2018, 13:17

Rébecca Nindorera wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:48
Greetings Family! I have been invited for a Skype interview ( behavioral interview )and I did it yesterday 17 October 2018. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the feedback after an interview in UNOPS ??

Thanks for your answer.
Hi Rebecca congratulations. I applied with UNOPS too so kindly shed some light on the vacancy you applied

watermalon

Post by watermalon » 30 Oct 2018, 09:34

Does anyone know what does the vacancy status "Archived" mean? I've seen most of the cases with the status "Evaluation Completed" but "Archived" confuses me.